Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Things I thought I knew and things I had no clue about...

When I found out I was pregnant I knew things were going to be different. I was going to put on weight (sigh -something not new - but in "new" places for me), I was going to be tired, I was going craving things to eat, - and then if all went well, I would have a healthy baby. All those things came true.

But what I didn't know is that I would get carpal tunnel during my pregnancy - so bad, I had to wear braces. After the baby arrived, I'd get wrist tendonitis (still have it 8.5 months later, 3 Dr visits, wrists guards at night, and 2 rounds of cortisone shots.) I also didn't know that I get eczema bad - like when I was a kid, all over my hands and legs -  and contact dermatitis on my fingers - from washing, washing, and washing my hands. These are 'sexy' (NOT) things I didn't know about....

So off to the skin Dr tomorrow - baby in tow....It's all worth it. Just saying "I had no clue!"

http://frommarketertomommy.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's no good! Who would have known about the carpal tunnel. Be really careful with cortisone shots. The steroid deteriorates the joints. Have you thought about acupuncture?

    Hope you are doing well!
    Anne-

    ReplyDelete