Thursday, January 6, 2011

I feel like I'm living life with a stop watch

Growing up, I sometimes* I would run/walk along side my Dad as he ran in the neighborhood. He had this stop watch - just like the one pictured. I think he'd time me sometimes, or he'd time himself. Who knows - I do know though I was never fast but that didn't matter. He was always encouraging...

These days as a SAHM, I feel like I'm living by this vintage stop watch. IF I'm LUCKY, I get 3 mins to shower, 1 min to do my hair, possibly 45 mins to do chores while the baby sleeps, 60 mins to drive in the car if she's napping, 120 minutes if it's lucky babysitter day, .... occasionally 30 mins a day to do something alone (which usually ends up doing a chore or watching TV..)

I'm not complaining. I'm just living in a daze again - minute by minute, hour by hour - if that makes any sense. I think it's all due to the fact that the baby is growing, and doing amazing things - and I'm tired and she's not sleeping.

All you lucky parents with sleepers who don't need count the minutes your baby is sleeping, please give your baby a BIG hug and kiss for me tonight!  (wait, do it tomorrow. He/she is probably sleeping...)

Signing off - my 30 mins alone is up.

*=I'm not sure how many times I ran/walked along side my Dad. I'm sure it was only a hand full of times, but felt like a lot. ;)

http://frommarketertomommy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment