Monday, January 31, 2011

I never...

I never thought I'd have a baby who loved her pacifier. Heck, I didn't even know about pacifiers (which one, how you approached it, blah blah...) Then our baby arrived - who was (and still is) a sucker. If it weren't for my girl, Jenna, gifting 2 Nuk pacifiers along with a baby gift - I would probably have never popped a pacifier in her mouth week 2 of her life.... That night the pacifier was a life saver!

Also, never planned on having our now 13 month old sleep in our bed. She was in her bassinet till she was 4 months, then swaddled in her crib till 6 months, then all of a sudden - she out of the swaddle and NOT digging the crib at all. We've tried many things.....mattress on floor, persistent parenting on crib time, but at the end of the day - she sleeps WELL when she's in our bed between Mom and Dad. She actually sleeps well - really well with us. NOT well not withOUT us. I know, you're rolling your eyes. Me too. But you know, this is what parenting has taught me, 13 months into it - don't expect anything. Never say never.

Just be - pacifiers and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment