Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Indoor solutions for these gray, rainy, blah, days....

My Mom always says, "how lucky you are to live in such a family friendly city." I am - we are....especially since right now is gray, cool, and wet season... In other words "blah."

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without all these avenues in Seattle:

Toddler friendly cafes: (aka - coffee for Mom. Play space for kiddos)
  • Twirl (Queen Anne. $5 for open play all day)
  • Green Leaf (Greenwood)
  • Cafe Bonjour (Green Lake)
Activities:
  • Seattle community centers (Green Lake, Northgate - limited indoor play times)
  • Swimming! Green Lake, Ballard, and more - community centers.
  • Woodland Zoo (Zoonazium - inside space)
  • Aquarium (fish fish and more amazing fish)

Restaurants:
  • Tutta Bella (Fremont)
  • Tacos Guaymas (Green Lake) 
Bars: (yes, BARS and yes, the restaurants above also serve alcohol.) 
  •  Fremont Brewery (Um, Fremont)


Know more places? Email me and I'll check 'em out too :)


http://frommarketertomommy.blogspot.com/2011/03/indoor-solutions-for-these-gray-rainy.html

2 comments:

  1. I am no longer living in Seattle...but I sure miss Vios Cafe on 19th and Aloha for great Greek food and a good kid pit. Dare ya to try their brownies...

    If you ever make it to Portland, OR Grandma Leeth's is amazing--actually have a play room attendant and you can sit with friends and have a glass of wine, eat your dinner and talk about politics and other adult topics..whilst watching your child through a glass window be fed mac n' cheese and paint pretty pictures.

    Maybe Twist is like that? It opened after we left town.

    I will say that where we live now is even more kid-friendly than Seattle. There is nary a restaurant or business that doesn't fall all over us with accommodations (Laguna Beach)

    I am Sahm'ing it too...year 3! It's fun, starting to get a little 'itchy' but have been doing some activism/volunteering which is ideal.

    I will check back more...neat idea for a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laguna Streets. I am still on/off blogging, but just realized I hadn't checked comments (cough cough) in a long time. I have been to Vios and Twirl. Very cool. Didn't realize Laguna was so kid friendly. We used to live in San Diego sans kiddo though - but visit yearly. Ah, sun! now that's pretty kid friendly!

    ReplyDelete