- We now have a stocked fridge. No more - nothing to eat days really. I shop weekly and fill up the cart with food that I'm starting to prep and prepare.
- I'm planning dinners more. And I'm the cook of the house (husband was the cook before. He's still the chef though.)
- I can work on something and not finish it that same day - and be okay with that.
- Naps are wonderful.
- Not doing housework and taking a nap or reading a book or chilling is something I must do daily for my survival.
- I never knew how much coffee I could drink and still sleep.
- I don't miss clients. I don't miss client meetings.
- I do miss adults. I do miss adults talking about things OTHER than babies, children, etc. I never understood how much a parent can talk about the kid.
- Getting me time 1x a week is a must and makes everything even sweeter.
- Seeing something for the first time again through your child's eyes is so amazing and cool - it's indescribable.
Monday, August 15, 2011
Things I wasn't expecting as a parent: