Thursday, January 12, 2012

Love & Hate Relationship

What I love about living in the Northwest in January:

  1. Even though it's colder outside, there is still plenty of green outside. Green plants, green trees, green blooms. 
  2. It feels totally, 100% acceptable to drink coffee all day, just the way I like it. 
  3. It does get cold, but never so cold that I can't feel my face. 
  4. Layers look cool and are very effective in an ever-changing climate. 
  5. Our daughters love of rain boots, comes in very handy and looks adorable. 
  6. My newish pink Hunter boots work well too.
What I hate about living in the Northwest in January: 
  1. Gray, gray, and more gray.
  2. Did I mention gray?
  3. All I want to do is drink coffee and eat carbs....and butter...and sugar..more carbs.....
  4. Getting OUTside with a Toddler seems harder and harder to do. 
  5. I miss the sun, the surf, the sun, the surf, the sun, the surf that we used to have in southern California.


No comments:

Post a Comment