Friday, January 6, 2012

Throwing a themed 2 year old birthday party....

Our little girl is now officially a 2-year-old. Seriously, I cannot believe it!

For her birthday, we decided to have it at our beloved, local children's bookstore, Mockingbird Books - for a couple of reasons....

1) Support local business
2) have SPACE for the kids (our home is tiny)
3) Do it some where - where the toddlers could be entertained (they have a train table, art table, books, piano, and more) 

So I thought, well, since it is as a book store, I needed a book theme, and since our girl's favorite book these days is Ladybug Girl, we'd go that route.... And of course that would be easy right? I mean, there must be Ladybug Girl themed party stuff, right?

Um, nope.

So I had to rethink this - you know, in my 'spare' time (insert all Mom's out there laughing...)

I knew I could do this. Even with family in town, the holidays around the corner, no presents wrapped...I could do this. Happily, I pulled it off. I couldn't have done it without the help of my family - so thanks to all who helped! Here how it panned out...
We made "antennas" with pipe cleaners, pom-poms, and headbands! a HIT!
Handmade LBG cupcake toppers
 
Black & Red balloons

Thanks To Gammy & Auntie Nini, our girl was truly LBG!


Fun Ladybug chocolates found at World Market

We also had a color table with free printable color sheets from LBG's website and Katy Webber from Musikal Magik came and sung Ladybug Picnic for a special treat. Also, Sue from the bookstore read the latest book from the Ladybug Girl series.

All-in-all, a pretty fun day.  It was pretty fun to get creative for our little girl.

One two three 
Four five six  
Seven eight nine  
Ten eleven twelve
Ladybugs Came to the ladybugs' picnic....


Special thanks to Mockingbird Books, Musikal Magik, Gammy & Nini, All of our girls friends and family, and of course Our Families!
















No comments:

Post a Comment