Monday, December 17, 2012

Here's to touching hearts.

Today I received a Christmas card from Mary Lou who was our neighbor in 2005 in La Jolla, California. When we met, she was little sweet woman in her early 90s who had a coveted 2 bedroom apartment next to ours insisted we spend our last night in - before we made our big move to Seattle in 2006. The morning we left she made us breakfast which included the strongest chicory coffee. We still laugh out loud about the drive, long drive after that morning.

When I sent our holiday card to Mary Lou this year, I wondered if she would still be around to receive it. To my happy surprise,  tonight in our mailbox her annual Christmas card arrived. It reads:

"...Now launched into my 99th year, I'm thinking it may be my last. Getting to know the likes of you has made it a great run.

Love, Mary Lou" 

I am inspired by this woman for so many reasons. The few stories she shared with me about having a family, moving across the country, being married to a red head too ;), and more.

She has touched my life and I hope I will be the happy old woman she is today one day.


Over the years, I've had moments with people that I can't forget that have molded me - continue to mold me, into the Woman I am today. These little moments with people I barely knew, but know, make me smile deeply within.

Thank you each and every one of you for touching my heart even if only for a brief moment in my
life.

Happy Holidays. 







No comments:

Post a Comment