Sunday, January 27, 2013

role model.

Here\'s the thing...when I truly think about it, my Mom, Arline Beagan, is my biggest role model.

You see, my Mom was the Mom everyone adored, or it seemed to me. She was the coolest Girl Scout Leader, threw the best birthday parties, and decorated for every holiday to the fullest.

Of course, that\'s not everything she did, she did a lot more being a SAHM for us till the mid 80s and I was in high school.

So I realized today - I mean it just hit me, why for many reasons I wanted to be in a loving relationship, have a family, and be a Stay at Home Mom one day. Seriously, this is what I truly wanted when I grew up.

Our daughter is 3 now and I still get asked when am I going back to "work". Here\'s the funny thing-I never left the working world. I don\'t need to go back to "it". I just changed professions. After M was born I left a 6 figure Managing Director position to be a SAHM. Translation...my job now has many more titles: Mom, Chef, House Cleaner, Personal Assistant, Time Manager, Lover, and Creative Inventor.

And I\'ve never in my life worked harder or loved my job more. I love being M\'s Mom. I love being the one teaching her how things "work", how life is, and everything in between.

And I\'m not sure I\'m ready to quit my full time gig. It\'s the most rewarding job ever though severely under appreciated.

And here\'s the thing, I want M to know that is okay to want to be whatever she wants to be when she grows up. If that\'s a doctor, fashion designer, server, teacher, lawyer, or even a Mom (after the age 29 ), I\'m okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment