Tuesday, April 2, 2013

SAHM's don't get sick days.

This past Thursday, I was called for the 1st time to pick up our daughter because she was sick. When I dropped her off at school she was fine. 1 hour and 45 mins later, she threw-up. The rest you get.

It just so happened that the weekend was the nicest we've had in a long time - sun, high 60s - which in March in the Northwest is unreal! Also, it happened to be Easter weekend.

So this particular Easter, instead of celebrating outdoors with family in the grass - we were inside our tiny house, cooped up like chickens - me doing at least 20 loads of laundry, spraying lysol every 5 minutes.

So of course I was next in line. And as you know, SAHM (and Working Moms) don't really get sick days. Granted, I sorta (okay, totally did) day dream about going into work and then having daughter at school where I could come home to an empty house and sleep. Which honestly would've been able to happen because our 3-year-old was too sick to go back to school anyway....

I'm better now and so is she - of course now husband/daddy is feeling ill. Sigh. I don't have any more care giver in me, so he's gonna have to deal on his own. I CAN'T DO IT! I am ecstatic to have 4 hours OFF tomorrow while she's a preschool, regardless if he's at home zzzzing on the couch. I'll just change the channel when he's asleep from soccer to some RH of some where on Bravo and chill myself. Ahhhhhhhh. I guess that's my little bit of retro active sick day, right?

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to have to capitalize on your fabulous idea of the retroactive sick day. Great concept, Cat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete