Friday, May 17, 2013

3 1/2 years old = ....

in our house 3 1/2 equals too much.

It means underwear. No longer are we dealing with diapers, pull ups, changing tables, wipes. Nope. We waited till our daughter was ready and now she does it. She goes in the potty and just "peeps" or "poops" as she needs to. No accidents. It's crazy. We didn't push it and it happened. Now I'm washing tiny Minnie Mouse and generic Giraffe underwear on a weekly basis.

No more high chair. Our daughter is tall for her age - over 90%. Not sure where she gets it from, but she has it. Yesterday we ate out and she didn't even need a booster. Our girl is tall.

Our baby still sleeps in a crib, but tick tock. She climbs in. Climbs out. Part of me just wants to take the one side down and put the "bed rail" up. Just to eliminate the head dropping fall into the crib every time she climbs in...the other part doesn't want me to let go....

Last but not least, is the BINKIES. Oh the darn binkies. I was never a pacifier baby. I received 2 NUK binkies at my shower and thought "weird, I won't be 'that' Mom" and then 2 weeks in, sucked raw, I tore apart our daughter's closet and found the beloved binky.... Now our 3 1/2 year old cuddles with her binky babies each night.... Well, Friday, May 31st, 2013 - we've all committed to let go of the binkies and move on. I'm sad about all of this. The binkies help her sleep and she loves them so much, but it's time to say goodbye (according to the books and the dentist....)

Sigh.

ALL these baby traits are going away too fast, but that is life right? Our little girl is amazing and growing before our eyes. Just bittersweet to say goodbye to what we've known as normal for the last 3+ years.....

No comments:

Post a Comment