Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mango firsts.

Our daughter's first fruit was mango. I put it one of those fresh food feeders - and she devoured the fruit in late June 2010.

2.5 years later, she still loves mango. Fresh, frozen, dried.

My first time I had mango, I was about 7 years old (I think - maybe 6...) and in Nassau, Bahamas visiting my Great Aunt's home with my Mom and Dad and baby sister. Her amazing PINK house overlooked the crystal clear blue ocean. The pink house with the 2 poodles, the amazing pool, the hot sun, and the mango trees. We would go outside in the morning and grab a fresh mango and eat it. I remember eating mine over the sink in the kitchen looking outside the kitchen window - dripping juice down my chin. Just like our baby did years later.

To this day, I look forward to those few weeks in the summer where I can find in season fresh mangos here in a place where mangos can't grow on PNW trees and our houses aren't pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment