Sunday, December 29, 2013

Tonight she's 3; tomorrow she's 4.

On December 29th, 2009 - I remember not being able to sleep with the knowledge she'd be with us in the morning (I was induced for 3 days with no progress - so c-section was finally scheduled.)

I wondered what she would be like. How the surgery would go. Would I be able to take it? Would I be an okay parent? What were we about to head into?

My husband slept while I questioned everything. I just was so excited and freaked out all at the same time.

The surgery was fine - minus the fact I was extremely dehydrated and my husband was late to the delivery room (long and funny story.) She came out pink and happy to "What a Feeling" on our gifted delivery music from an awesome girlfriend.

This journey has been insane. Slow moving the first year then a roller coaster of speed these last three years. She's turning into a little person full of gusto and grace.

I love our girl and who she is becoming before my eyes - and how she sees life. Happy Birthday M!

























Artist: M
Description: Mom self portrait December 29, 2013 on her 4th Birthday Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment