Moving with a 4-year-old plus selling a house and buying new house has added a whole new level of reality to this experience.
Needless to say, I never want to move again.
But what I will say as we're so close to being done with this move -- is I've learned a few new lessons through this move at this age, in this experience that I'd like to share....
- I don't need that much stuff. That's an easy one.
- Less is WAY more.
- Cleaning a non-packed house is way easier (in other words - staged houses are way easier to keep tidy.)
- Having fresh cut flowers is not only amazing but something I'd like to do forever - every day, every week for the rest of my life.
- Hmm, Dad was right. Making my bed nicely every day is a nice feeling.
- Knowing my house is always clean when I walk in is amazing.
- I am beyond cranky when I spend a lot of time making sure my house is clean. Is it worth it?
- This feels a lot like my first trimester of being pregnant. I can't really talk about it, I'm not sure what's happening next, and I feel sick and excited at the same time.
- It's the little things that matter. For some unknown reason, I pre-packed (in the POD to stage the house) spices, our funnel, salad spinner, and my nail polishes. Not cool.
- Blogging is the last thing I'm thinking about.