Many people diss smart phones, social networks, etc. Say it is all ruining our lives - and sometimes I do admit, I hate it all.
But today as I ran - I thought about the ways I value them and how they've changed my life for the better:
1) I don't get lost any more (Maps!)
2) I can call my Mom or my Friends in between moments - or when I can vs when I have to.
3) Recipes Recipes Recipes (Yummly/Pinterest)
4) When our daughter stumps me, I can look it up! (GOOGLE)
5) I can actually look up in the sky w/my smart phone and see what constellation it is over me!
6) 1 click shopping (ALL OF THEM)
7) texting - quick way to catch up with other busy friends (HEAVENLY)
8) Watch littles be born, grow up, go to college - way to fast (FB)
9) Keep grandparents alive in our lives on a daily basis (FB)
10) Share my love of taking pictures of too many things to my friends and family (all the time implying "you can look if you want/and don't if you don't wanna.") (Instagram)
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
But it's not sustainable.
I'll lose some weight. Weigh in weekly. Measure. And then that one week - usually the week I work the hardest, I gain or stay the same and the whole idea crumbles on top of me.
11 days ago, I turned 44 years old. 9 days ago, I woke up decided to go pure. I'm no longer letting the scale tell me what I weigh. I'm no longer deciding my worth by the size I'm wearing. I'm going with the measurements of feelings. PURE baby!
What's PURE mean? I just made it up (right now!) It's my version of eating the Paleo diet designed just for U -- and the goal is for Rest of your Life and Everyday thinking "how does (doing/eating/acting like...) this make me feel?"
How do these pants make me feel? Do I feel like I've lost weight? I'm a happy or sad? What's my energy level right now? Should I be doing this?
So I've given up sugar, dairy, wheat - but I can still eat meats, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts, coffee, wine/vodka/cider, 70% or higher chocolate. And no, I'm not counting anything. If I'm hungry, I make a plate of natural organic ingredients and eat.
It's simple and pure.
Wanna join me?