Wednesday, January 11, 2017

2 Sides to Every Coin.

I'm heading into 2017 differently than I've begun years in the past.

For starters, It's January 11th, and I haven't even started my annual January 1st Vision Board (though I've thought about it a lot.)

I am still unpacking from a ski trip we took to Sun Valley over a week ago.

I'm still putting away Christmas decorations - and it does appear, our decor has tripled in size.

I'm moving around furniture like a crazy person. I have this STRONG desire to clean, organize, and purge.

I'm also (again) kicking of Weight Watchers and am motivated to lose 30lbs by September. I can do it, right??? (I little support never hurts.)

But, I'm also staying on top of what's happening in our world more closely. Don't get my wrong, I've listening to NPR & BBC regularly, but it's different now. I'm listening to Potus, watching legit news, researching 'articles' that are posted on #facebook or #twitter before I react. And also, trying to listen to both sides.

I did not vote to Trump - But I'm trying to be the change I want to see. I'm trying to not just sit in the bubble I've been in for the last 8+ years. I'm trying to stay connected and in touch with my country that I feel so detached from. I'm hopeful that if everyone - either side, listens and questions and stays involved, the next few years will be okay for me, my family, and my country.

I encourage you to do the same. I encourage you to lead with kindness and love. I encourage you to the be the change you want to see. Let's make 2017 a different year than some our predicting.


No comments:

Post a Comment